The Community and Family History Department is located in the museum on the lower level. This department has available for review; Kings County Cemetery records, school records, and Township books on Horton, Cornwallis and Aylesford. Also available on microfilm are; census records, family genealogies, birth and death records together with a large library of resource books. Our Archives contain the following:
- Large collection of published works on various families and related subjects.
- Nearly 400 file folders on families. Many family binders.
- Over 180 rolls of microfilm containing: births, marriages, deaths, census records, township books, and other statistics relating to Kings County and Nova Scotia.
- Gravestone inscriptions for the 100 cemeteries in Kings County in four binders including a master index.
- Many indexes and information assembled by members of the Family History Committee to help you find your family roots.
Regular monthly meetings
The Community and Family History Committee meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7:30 pm on the Museum’s lower level.